July 10th was Emma Smith’s birthday, and missionaries from the Pennsylvania Historic Sites Mission wanted to pay tribute to her, a woman who sacrificed and served so much to establish The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
This video is shared with permission from the missionaries serving in the Pennsylvania Historic Sites Mission, assigned to the Priesthood Restoration Site. The song they sing is called “Emma” by the Nashville Tribute Band.
Here is a message from them about this video:
July 10th is Emma Smith’s birthday. We would like to pay tribute to her, a woman who sacrificed and served so much for a church she knew was/is true, a gospel that would preserve her family for eternity. This is for you Emma! We love her so much and we are grateful for the amazing example she has been to us 141 years later.
Please take the time to listen to the lyrics. If anyone would like to learn more about this amazing family and the restoration of the gospel, message me for a tour. (https://www.facebook.com/chloe.shephe…)
- To the child who prayed the desires of her heart to God at the age of 7.
- To the woman who humbly gave up her wealthy lifestyle to marry someone who could give her nothing but love.
- To the woman whose heart was forever broken after losing 3 children.
- To the woman who gave up everything to follow her husband wherever he went.
- To the woman who showed us what a woman’s role in the Priesthood is.
- To the woman who experienced the martyrdom of her husband.
- To a woman who fought for her faith to the end.
- To a woman whose heart was so full of love.
- To a woman who went through every heartache imaginable.
- To a woman who showed integrity.
- To a woman who acted on faith.
- To a hero.
Happy Birthday Emma Hale Smith! Thanks for showing what a woman of God is. Much love from us here at the Priesthood Restoration Site!