Progress on the Salt Lake Temple renovation project continues. Watch time-lapse video captured during the first three months of construction.
Every foundation stone that is laid for a Temple, and every Temple completed … lessens the power of Satan on the earth, and increases the power of God and Godliness.
Below are some of the updates that have been made to the temple thus far.
Over the past several weeks, construction crews have:
- Made progress on abatement work inside the temple.
- Removed the final set of historic temple doors for preservation.
- Continued installing HVAC units in the upper floor of the temple.
- Continued removal work of stone facing on the temple chapel on the north end of the grounds.
- Begun installing a project fence with viewing windows on the east side of the job site, near the reflection pool on the Main Street Plaza.
- Begun working to backfill and compact the ground where the South Visitors’ Center was removed.
- Begun demolition of a pedestrian tunnel at the south end of the temple, exposing the existing temple foundation.
You can stay up to date with all of the construction news by bookmarking this page.
The video above reminds me of the time-lapse video of the Provo City Center Temple that was released by the Church Newsroom years ago. I dug it out of the archives and have it below for your viewing pleasure.