The first episode in the Book of Mormon Videos series of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is now available. Videos covering the first 138 pages of the Book of Mormon (1 Nephi to Enos) will continue to be released every Friday between now and the end of 2019. Additional videos that cover Mosiah through the end of the Book of Mormon will be released in 2020 and 2021.
Many of these videos come in time to enhance Latter-day Saints’ Churchwide study in 2020 of this sacred text written to convince the world that “Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God, manifesting himself unto all nations” (Book of Mormon Title Page).
“It is our hope that these videos will lead to increased study and understanding of the teachings of the Book of Mormon. The videos should support but not replace the personal study of the Book of Mormon,” the First Presidency said in a letter to Church leaders.
“We invite all to use the videos and images at home and at church. They may also be used in introducing others to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. As we use and share this video series, our faith in the Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will be strengthened, and we will find ourselves participating more fully in the gathering of Israel promised in and through the Book of Mormon.”
Episode one illustrates the first two chapters of the Book of Mormon, set around 600 BC in Jerusalem. This is when God commands Lehi, a citizen turned prophet in peril for his preaching, to flee the city for safety with his wife and four children.
The following is the release schedule for the rest of 2019:
- September 27: Nephi Is Led by the Spirit to Obtain the Plates of Brass |1 Nephi 3–5
- October 4: Ishmael’s Household Joins Lehi’s Family | 1 Nephi 7
- October 11: Lehi Sees a Vision of the Tree of Life | 1 Nephi 8
- October 18: The Lord Guides Lehi’s Journey | 1 Nephi 16
- October 25: The Lord Commands Nephi to Build a Ship | 1 Nephi 17–18
- November 1: Lehi’s Family Sails to the Promised Land | 1 Nephi 18
- November 8: Lehi Gives His Family a Final Blessing | 2 Nephi 1–4
- November 15: The Nephites Separate from the Lamanites | 2 Nephi 5
- November 22: Jacob Teaches of the Atonement of Jesus Christ | 2 Nephi 6–10
- November 29: Nephi Teaches the Doctrine of Christ | 2 Nephi 31–32
- December 6: Nephi Records His Final Testimony | 2 Nephi 33
- December 13: Jacob Teaches about Pride and Chastity | Jacob 2–3
- December 20: Sherem Denies Christ | Jacob 7
- December 27: Enos Prays Mightily | Enos 1
The videos can be found on ChurchofJesusChrist.org, in the Gospel Library app and on the new Book of Mormon Videos YouTube channel. Subscribe here to be notified when new videos are published on the new Book of Mormon Videos YouTube channel (youtube.com/BookofMormonVideos).
Episodes will be published in the following 15 languages: Cantonese, Cebuano, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog and Tongan.
Shorter video segments of each episode will also be provided. Still photography from the production will be released with each episode.
The visualization of events in these videos has no intention of communicating any preference for or Church position regarding where the events of the Book of Mormon took place.
✪ Want these TOP Latter-day Saint products for FREE? Just click here and they’re all yours > https://www.calledtoshare.com/4Free