Deseret Book has launched Deseret Bookshelf PLUS, the new and improved audiobook app designed for Latter-day Saints which allows you unlimited access to every single Deseret Book audiobook (over 700 and counting – full list here) and access to over 2,000 ebooks (a full list is here). You can listen to LDS books or read ebooks for a monthly subscription starting as low as $6.99. (You can get a 30-day free trial here.)
I listen while commuting to work, I listen when I’m in the car with my kids going to the store, and I listen while I’m at the gym because most of the music they play there is inappropriate. I also love to put a book on when I am doing dishes or trying to unwind at night while cleaning up the house.
My wife just downloaded the app on her phone as well and she loves it. I knew how much she loved it when I volunteered to pick up our daughter from theater and my wife said, “That’s OK, I’ll go get her.” I asked her why she wanted to go, and she said, “I just downloaded a new book.”
She loves listening to books from the Deseret Bookshelf library when she drives the kids around to their different practices and activities.
I get email notifications each time a book is downloaded and my wife has downloaded about 4 in the last week – oops, correction. She downloaded 4 new books in one day! The app keeps her entertained, engaged, and inspired.
Gain access to the entire Deseret Book audiobook catalog, including new releases the day they come out.
Unlike other audiobook services that give you a certain number of credits per month, with Deseret Bookshelf PLUS there is no need to track books you have listened to because you can listen to them all for the same low monthly fee of $6.99 if you sign up for the Platinum Membership. You can download as many books as you want, whenever you want. You can check out the list of all the audiobooks > HERE
(Perhaps you already have Deseret Bookshelf – an app where you can buy books and access some free church materials like the scriptures and General Conference talks. Deseret Bookshelf PLUS is a subscription service that gives you access to all the audiobooks and over 1,500 ebooks for a low monthly subscription price)
There over 500 audiobooks & counting that you can listen to for free because you can test out the app for free during their 30-day free trial. The audiobooks are the perfect way to bring more light into your life, whatever your circumstances. Whether you are working out, commuting, relaxing while the baby is taking a nap, prepping dinner before the kids get home from school, going for a run to relieve some stress, or doing homework, this app has something for everyone in any situation.
I listen while I commute the 30-minutes to work each way and was completely inspired by what I learned about George Washington from listening to the audiobook version of Tim Ballard’s book, The Washington Hypothesis. I listened to it a 1.5x normal speed and was able to finish it in less than a week. I am now listening to Tim’ other book, The Lincoln Hypothesis.
You can check out the list of all the audiobooks > HERE
A few of the over 500 audio books available:
- A Reason For Faith
- Be Happy by Hank Smith
- Blessings of Your Patriarchal Blessing
- Hearing the Voice of the Lord
- Fablehaven books
- Our Best Bites Cookbooks
- John Bytheway’s Teenage Survival Guide
- John Bytheway’s Scripture Study Bundle
- Isaiah for Airheads – John Bytheway
- Of Pigs, Pearls and Prodigals – John Bytheway
- Weed Your Brain, Grow Your Testimony – John Bytheway
- What I Wish I’d Known Before My Mission – John Bytheway
- When Times Are Tough – John Bytheway
- Come Unto Christ – John Bytheway
- Sermons in a Sentence – John Bytheway
- Behind Every Good Man – John Bytheway
- Farm Wisdom for City Folks – John Bytheway
- Honoring the Priesthood – John Bytheway
- (A ton more John Bytheway titles as well, I only listed 12)
- Planted: Belief and Belonging
- History of Joseph Smith by His Mother
- Books by Brad Wilcox
- Christ in Every Hour
- The Broken Heart
- Saved by His Grace
- Believing Christ
- The Work and The Glory by Gerald Lund
- The Undaunted by Gerald Lund
- More Books by Gerald Lund (a ton of them, I lost count at 15 audiobooks of his but there are more)
- Levan Thumps
- Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites
- The Orphan Keeper
- The Washington Hypothesis (awesome book by Tim Ballard)
- John Bytheway “Ask” (look another one!)
- Power of the Everyday Missionary by Clayton Christiansen
- The Infinite Atonement by Tad R. Callister
- Amazed by Grace by Sheri Dew
- Sheri Dew Collection
- Changed Through Grace by Brad Wilcox
- The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox
- Joseph Smith the Prophet by Truman Madsen
- Dragonwatch by Brandon Mull
- To the Rescue: the Biography of Thomas S. Monson
- And the list goes ON, and ON, and ON. So many incredible audiobooks and ebooks. You can try it free for 30 days on me! Comment on this post if you have tried it, or if you are going to and what you think of the app.
Not only do you have access to audiobooks and ebooks, one of my favorite features is the “Quote Vault” which allows you to create memes like the one below with a few clicks on your app. If you are involved in social media, or are trying to find a way to be a better online missionary and want to help uplift family and friends, check out this 30-second demo, it is so easy and fun!